We know that visits from friends and loved ones are important to patients. However, for the welfare of our patients, visitors and staff, we ask that visitors please adhere to the following regulations.
| Intensive Care and Cardiac Care
||11:00 to 14:00
|| to 23:00|
| High Dependency Medical, Surgical & Pediatric Units
||11:00 to 14:00
|| to 23:00 |
| Medical and Surgical (Adult Patient Rooms)
||14:00 to 21:00
| VIP/Royal Suites
||10:00 to 22:00
|Pediatric Patient Rooms
||11:00 to 21:00
|Patient’s rooms at Behavioral Science Pavilion
||10:00 to 21:00
- Two adult visitors per patient are allowed at a time.
- Age restrictions
- Under one year - Not permitted
- Between one and two years - Strongly discouraged
- Between two and 12 years - Parental guardian only, not permitted in some areas
- 13 years and above - No restrictions
- The Patient Care Manager on each ward can decide on the duration of visit and the number of people allowed in each room.
- During the Holy month of Ramadan, visiting hours in the Medical and Surgical wards are extended to 23:00.
- Visitors must follow the directions of the most senior person in charge of each area or department in case of an evacuation.
- SKMC campus is a smoke-free environment, so please refrain from smoking.
- Do not bring any food for patients without consulting the healthcare team.
- Do not bring any electrical appliances to the patient’s room.
- Do not bring Bukhoor or incense to burn in the patient's rooms. This is dangerous for our patients’ health and it may cause a fire.
- Do not bring rugs to patient's rooms.
Behavioral Sciences Pavilion Only
Considering the nature of our patients at the Behavioral Sciences Pavilion, the following extra policies are followed:
Nursing staff will notify patients and family members at times when visiting is not allowed, based on the patient’s medical condition.
Visitors must provide their identity cards and details of the patient they are visiting.
Visitors are required to sign in with security upon arrival.
Visitors must report at the nurses’ station prior to visiting patients in the room.
Items brought for patients will be checked by security personnel and the assigned nursing staff in order to uphold the hospital policy for contraband items.
No more than four visitors are allowed at one time.
Pregnant women and people with serious medical conditions will not be allowed to visit.
No glassware can be brought to the BSP.
Photography is not allowed (using a camera or mobile phone) in the unit by visitors.
Visitors to patients under police custody should follow the police regulations.