- Home Care Program offers unique medical and nursing services provided by a home care team to patients who can be discharged from hospitals, but still require specific medical and nursing care.
- This service is available for patients of all ages.
- Home care department have more than 800 patients in the program.
- Home Care team includes of physicians, nurses, occupational therapist, clinical dietitian, respiratory therapist.
- Home care team assesses patient’s eligibility and the need for home care service. Once the patient is admitted in the home care program, accordingly the patient is given necessary medical and nursing care at home.
- Continuous assessment and follow up of the patient’s health condition
Home Care Service provides health care services to home bound patients in the home setting. Home Care provides comprehensive care including physician, nursing, respiratory, dietitian and occupational therapy services.
- Comprehensive assessment of the condition of each patient in their own home Preparation of necessary health care services of the patients in terms of their physical, social and cultural needs.
- Assisting patients to improve in a better way.
- Providing support and bringing awareness to patients, healthcare providers and family so as to preserve health and provide the best resources.
- Medical care to the patients at their homes including assessment, treatment, follows up as well as prescription and refills.
- Nursing care including condition of health care services.
- Medical supplies & equipment as required.
- Support Medical Services: Respiratory therapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietary assessment and education.
- Providing Home Care for patients in a way which enhances their feeling of well being security, comfort, support and facilitates meeting their care needs with that warm feeling of home.
- Infection Control: Hospitalized patients are more prone to contact various types of infections.
- Limiting the need for hospitalization of chronic disease patients who require ongoing care.
- Enhancing home healthcare, complementing care provided by family members and maintaining the dignity and privacy of patients.
- Cost effective care.
- Home Care Physicians
- Unit Manager
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Charge Nurse
- Staff nurses
- Administrative Assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Clinical dietitian
- Respiratory therapist
Medical services provided to patients at their home include:
Assessment, treatment, follow up and prescriptions for Home Care Patients
- Supervision of diabetics and monitoring of blood glucose.
- Monitoring blood pressure.
- Supervision of (PEG) percutaneous, Nasogastric tubes and support for healthcare providers who feed these patients.
- Assessment of tracheostomy tube care during suction, dressing changes.
- Wound dressing management.
- Home Occupational Therapy Services.
- Palliative care services and pain management
- Intramuscular and Subcutaneous therapy.
- Routine replacement of catheters urethral and suprapubic.
- Anti-coagulation management.
- Referral from a doctor should be obtained.
- Required care should be appropriate.
- Patient medical plan should be as per doctor’s directives.
- Home bound patients, patients who can not leave their home and need hard efforts, aid devices and equipments to attend out patient care services.
- Patient and family consent.
- Patients must reside within Abu Dhabi City.
- Off Abu Dhabi Island : (up to a radius of 80 km from SKMC)
- UAE Nationals
- Thiqa holders
Disengagement Criteria from Home Care Program:
- Non-compliance with health care services.
- Completion of treatment and ability to attend clinics.
- Unsafe conditions at home.
- Outside country more than three months
- Admission in the hospital for more than three months
Home Care Location
• Shaikh Khalifa Medical City, behind preventive medicine - Gate 11.
Home Care Department operates
• Sunday to Thursday, from 0800 to 1600 hours.
|Home Care general number
||+971 2 819 3546|